Over the summer I've finally acquired a Kiltie (number 525) and some new outfits.
Two years ago I could have bid for the Kiltie number 1 at the Sasha Festival in Milton Keynes, however I held back and regretted it afterwards, so I kept an eye out for a Kiltie and found one in June (being sold from the late Brenda Walton's ex Trendon stock), this was just at the time my university job was finally made permanent again after being a fixed term contract since October 2024. So my Kiltie is in some respects a quiet celebration for me of my continued place in Higher Education employment (nearly 34 years).
After the Sasha and the Pollinators Festival in the USA (which I didn't attend), I was lucky enough to get the two souvenir outfits (the sundress and shoes, plus the beekeepers outfit, hat with veil and bee smoker) from Cathy and Beth in the USA - thank you so much! Laura and Timothy were glad to become the bee keepers!
Then Janet shared a photo of some of her unique dresses which are part knit and part sari fabric, I immediately contacted her about one of them as I loved the colour combination. Melanie (my Cora flower dress) was keen to become the owner of that dress as soon as it arrived.
My Kiltie is being a bit secretive about her name, she says it is Scottish, but is keeping me guessing!
![]() |
| My Kiltie, number 525, in her complete original outfit with her amethyst and hairclip |
![]() |
| My Kiltie and her amethyst |
![]() |
| close up of my Kiltie's amethyst |




No comments:
Post a Comment