Search This Blog

Friday 21 June 2024

Sasha Festival 2024 DollMum's donations to the baby and Gregor raffles

I made two items to donate to two different raffles at the 2024 Sasha Festival.

A baby doll raffle was compiled Florence from the USA. She needed toys for the baby, so I made one of the push along duck toys I had originally designed for the craft workshop I ran at the 2017 Sasha Celebration Weekend. 

Push along duck for the 2024 baby doll raffle

Push along duck for the 2024 baby doll raffle

The Gregor raffle was compiled by Dawn in the UK and she said the boy had clothes but not many toys or accessories. I created a version of the ostrich marionette I had designed for the craft workshop at the 2016 Sasha Celebration weekend. I had one spare hand controller from that workshop but did not have any spare body parts, with no time to make another body, I searched through my stash of wooden beads and devised a variant of the 2016 design using a large red wooden bead plus a small red wooden bead. I still  had the packet of colourful feathers which some people had used at the workshop to decorate their ostrich marionettes, so used some lime green feathers for his head and tail.

The 2024 version of the bird marionette, made for the Gregor raffle doll

The marionette controller, all I had to do was add the strings as the controller was made in 2016

Florence collected the push along duck from me soon after we got to the hotel and I found Dawn in the room where all the special doll raffles, helper raffles, displays and Children's fund auction items were being set up on the Thursday afternoon, so was able to hand over the marionette to her. Later, when she was setting up the raffle display she was entertained by the ostrich marionette it is possible to make him 'walk along' by moving the controller.

 

1 comment:

Kendal said...

Have always admired and loved the Sasha toys that you designed and brought along for us all to make during the SCW workshops and would like to thank you again for making my kits up for me as the demonstration model with not being able to do them myself with my now Rheumatoid Arthritic deformed hands.