We used UHU glue, which wasn't really the right stuff for this project (a white multi purpose craft glue would have better) however even though we all got a bit sticky, everyone managed to create their Welsh doll successfully.
I didn't manage to get everyone to do a group photo of their dolls, I took lots of individual photos and below are some of the dolls.
Mine had a red and white check skirt. Some had black and white check skirts instead. The hats were pre-made with the lace glued in place (this was to save us time). The hair was short pieces of wool, ready cut, the arms are pipe cleaners (some of us had brown, some white or black). The feet were made of a lump of clay which had been cut, dried and painted in advance, the bottom of the peg legs glued into the holes in the top of the lump. It was a good idea, as it had weight and helped the doll stand upright.
|My Welsh peg doll|
|Another doll with the red and white skirt - I like her eyebrows|
|This girl likes her skirt a bit shorter|
|A Welsh doll with the black and white skirt|
|This Welsh doll looks quite elegant|